Shining a spotlight on high school entrepreneurs across Big Sky Country
What is the Challenge?
A business competition for high school students providing cash prizes, advanced entrepreneurship training, and professional mentoring to Montana's next generation of business innovators.
Who is Eligible to Enter?
Any of Montana's 40,000+ high school students! Individuals or teams can be in public, independent, or religious high schools, be home-schooled, be affiliated with Career & Technical Student Organizations (BPA, DECA, FCCLA, FFA) or civic youth organizations outside of school (4-H, Boy & Girl Scouts, etc.).
What are the Contest Categories?
- Category 1- Existing Business: Many hard-working students already run small businesses. Some do it to earn money at home. Some do it through their school's CTSOs or with community youth groups. We want to reward their business know-how.
- Category 2- New Business Concept: Creative students have ideas for new businesses or services. These can be for academic courses and CTSO competitions, or simply a great idea that pops into their mind. We want to reward their innovative spirit.
What are the Submissions Requirements?
- A Video Pitch not longer than 2-minutes.
- A written Business Summary that follows our contest template and contains no more than 1,000 words.
Why Should Students Enter?
- Statewide recognition for innovative thinking and business savvy
- Luncheon for top-scoring finalists hosted by the Governor
- 4-day, all-expenses-paid, accelerated entrepreneurship bootcamp taught by Montana's business professionals
- Cash prizes totaling $2,500 for winning students and adult sponsors
- Follow-up mentoring by local members of MT Chamber of Commerce
- Resumé-builder for jobs and applications to higher education
What are the Critical Dates?
- Submissions welcome: December 1, 2017 to February 18, 2018
- Professional judging and People's Choice voting: February 19 to March 11, 2018
- Finalists announced: March 12, 2018
- TBD (June 2018): All-expenses-paid, accelerated entrepreneurship bootcamp for top-scoring students, final pitches presented and judged, prizes awarded
- TBD (June 2018): All-expenses-paid, pedagogy-of-entrepreneurship seminar for teachers of top-scoring students
How Can I Learn More?
Check the Resources sidebar of this page. Come back often for updates. Send questions to: Challenge@OneMontana.org